Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tampa Meets Vail


So happy to share a few of my pictures from our big Vail Trip this year!
A couple of things to note....It's Big for us Florida People to travel to
the West Coast for some Snow and Ski. I would love to give you some insight
and maybe a tip or two! First things first...this is an annual trip we do as a family.
We plan for it all year! No lie! We even talk about the following year
as we are enjoying the current trip!!! I love this trip as a family. It's a great bonding
experience. I love seeing my boys improve on their Skiing Skills. 
Yes, they have an absolute Blast!!!
But me... I'm happy to just make it down the Mountain ...Serious!
I'm not trying to get a medal or even points...just proud to be out enjoying the
beautiful Mountain. I am a mom of 3!!! I learned to Ski as an adult...these Sweet Kids...are very fortunate to have this opportunity to learn so young. 


Organization and Preparation is my thing!
But for a trip like this...traveling so far it's a must!
I begin actually packing nearly 3 to 4 weeks in advance.
We are talking about a Family of Five! Can't just throw it
together. I would rather be way over prepared than not ready and prepared at all!!!
And one thing I can say about going to Vail for Spring Break in March....
is that there are great Sales starting at Christmas for Winter Clothes!
And these are clothes that we use literally once a year! And hopefully
the following trip! But these kids are growing fast!!!


This was a great year for us!
We all Skied almost everyday... after a few years of Ski School
these Kids have the confidence to take on the Mountain!
We love going to enjoy the Mountains and Snow...
it's such a cozy experience for us who spend most of the year Swimming in a Pool!
I love that we all have our special time together on this Trip.
We are seriously an entourage as we travel. We do try to pack light...
but in our group of 11 people...packing Winter Clothes...it's a lot!
I do recommend taking the Trip with Family and Good Friends!
We travel with my in laws and very good friends and it makes for
a well rounded trip for everyone. My boys have their friends...we have our friends...
and we have our Sweet Grandpa and Nana to help and have fun!


A day out on the Slopes and everyone is sleeping early and
fabulous! Although I will say...I never can get use to the dryness
in Colorado....coming from humid Florida. But all the Fresh Mountain Air...
it's a vacation where you are up early and to bed early! It's a full day of Activities!


I love the Vail Culture of a Ski Town!
It's a hustle and bustle in the mornings to get to the slopes for 9am.
All day the Village is quiet...restaurants are quiet....then comes 3 pm
and the Village is hopping. Everyone is coming off the slopes 
and ready for their Apres Ski! Just love it! It's so fun...and totally us! 


Each year as we travel to Colorado we create such memories of good times!
And I love that we talk about Vail all year long! I love that Vail specifically
is a Ski Town where you can roll in your Athletic Gear...or you can doll it up!
Anything goes...it's not too over the top. It's a great family friendly town!


There is plenty of fun to be had in the Snow!
We milk every moment of it. Snow Ball Fights and more...


My Top Travel Tips would be:
Plan
Be Prepared
Organize your Clothing.
Don't over pack
Pack in Air Tight Bags within your Suitcase
Prepare for Travel Day..IPads, Movies, Games, Snacks...
Pack Proper Winter Clothes...It's Chilly!
Take your Vitamins
Hydrate
Rent a Car Seat when you Arrive (1 less thing to pack)
Stay for a Week if you can...it's a production coming and going!
Be Flexible with Kids!


The most important thing is to sink yourself in the moment and Enjoy!
It's an amazing Trip...and I love it every year! Feel fortunate to experience it!
Love doing it with my Party of Five!
Look forward to next year!!!
Where do you like to travel as a family?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts with Thumbnails