Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chili Bar


Happy Tuesday Honeybee me Friends!
It's a Big Week if you haven't heard already...
It's Halloween Week! I guess if you don't know already I am a mom of 3..
and Halloween ...well...it ranks as a very fun day for all the kids!!
And my Sweet Baby Boy Brody is Counting Down the Days till Candy!!!
Today, I wanted to share one of our Halloween Traditions in our home!
We have a Chili Bar with our Friends and Family!
Heck ....we just make a Big Driveway Party before we hit the streets for some Trick or Treating!
I wanted to share some Chili Bar Ideas with you that I found via Pinterest.
This adorable Set up with the Chalk Board and Mini Pumpkins is from Kara's Party Ideas!
Presentation is always Key....even if we are just talking Chili!



This is ADORABLE! I love the idea of using 
a Pumpkin as a Bowl for your Tortilla Chips!
Great Presentation! I am in!  Thank you Better Homes and Garden!


I love using Chalk Boards for Parties...
especially for a Rustic Chili Bar!
It's the Little Details that make the Bar Special.
Simple and Easy...this one is from Etsy.
I think We may just have to throw some Dogs on the Grill Friday too...
it's a nice touch with the Chili! Yum! Loving Some Chili!


I love a Party...And
I love Special Time with Friends and Family!
Loving the Lantern on the Chili Bar!
This Chili Bar is from Bloom Designs!
I am excited about our Chili Bar for Our Halloween Driveway Party!
Here is my Chili Recipe that I'm making this Friday!
Its been in my family for years!
I hope you Enjoy your Chili Bar!

Layne's Hearty Chili
2 Lbs of Ground Meat
2 Cans of Black Beans
2 Cans of Red Beans
2 Cans of Hominy
1 Can of Tomato Paste
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 Can Rotel
1 Jar of Salsa
1 Yellow or White Onion
1 Table Spoon of Cumin
1 Table Spoon of Chili or Chipolte Powder
1 Table Spoon of Oregano

Chop Onion and Saute in Olive Oil
Cook Ground Meat
Add Together
Add all your Can Goods
Season to Taste
The Longer it Simmers the Flavors will Marry
Add 1 Can of Water if it is too Thick

Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Corn Bread, and Tortilla Chips are a great Addition

Count down to Halloween is on!
Enjoy!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts with Thumbnails